Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent the afternoon with the Farmers family. We had a table full of food. I forgot to take a picture until after we had already starting eating.


I have to brag just a little I have been trying to make meringue for years and could never get a peak I bought some cream of tarter and look.  I made my moms coconut pie and chocolate pie for thanksgiving. Never been so happy that Henny Penny had the recipes. My mom had never written them down. Last Christmas I taught my sister to make the pie. She was so excited.
Coconut pie with meringue
I did not take any pictures of anyone at Thanksgiving but I got the Farmer to take a selfie of he and I


Oh I forgot to share my cute little chicken I bought at local shop. I love her stuff. I have just got to find the perfect place to set her.


The Farmer and I got out on Friday and got up the leaves in the yard.  We used the leave blower, the rake, the bobcat and the lawnmower.


I have gotten back into exercise. A lady (accountable friend) from our beachbody group asked me to do 21 day fix real time with her. I was so excited to have a new program to start.  I am still committed on leaving these year with more weight loss I only need to lose about 3 pounds and I will have 25 pounds off for 2019. I can do this I know I can.

Today I made thanksgiving meal for my little family. I love my cooking because it is like my mamas and granny cooking and I miss them and their food so much.  I had a turkey breast, cream potatoes, collard greens, sweet potato casserole, shells and cheese, and stuffing. I bought stove top stuffing added some onion and a egg. I put it in a mini-muffin tin and browned it in the oven. They were yummy.


Well if you stayed with me this long I appreciate it. I need to do better with blogging but I think most people are doing you-tube now days. I am just do not like to hear myself talk. Yall come back now.

2 comments:

  1. Well that meringue sure has a peak! :) Love you Vicki! You always write a good post. It's funny how much our (your's, Shelby's, mine) table of foods look so much alike. Good old southern cooking! I love the picture of you and the Farmer. Well now that Thanksgiving is over I need to get busy on the leaves. It's simply overwhelming here! Every year I wonder if I am still able to tackle five acres of leaves. :) You look great Vicki...and slim! You are the most determined person I know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie looks perfect!! Coconut pie is a favorite of mine. I'm so glad you had such a fine Thanksgiving Day. Ours turned out just fine, after a threat of it being ruined because Tyson was bringing baby chickens. I fretted for days but they didn't come until later in the afternoon. A son-in-law and grandson helped the farmer dump them so I didn't even have to go! Why would the company do such a thing to growers??

    Now with only three more pounds to go, you'll make it. Go girl, go!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.