Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Feeling the year slipping by....

Well here it is September almost October. and I still have not meet my weight loss goal. I know everyone tells me that losing slow will help me keep it off but I can be impatient sometimes. I try to remember how far I have come but I just keep looking toward where I want to be. I had a WW meeting tonight and I had gained 4.4 pounds. I knew I was going to have a gain but was not expecting this much. I am on that wagon again losing 3-4 pounds and losing the same 3-4 pounds. So frustrating. This is the lowest I have been on my scales and I was so excited but it did not last long.

Well I will get it back off and get to my goal It is time to get strict again. That is enough about that. 

Let's get caught up with things on the farm. I have been canning and tying to keep things moving along in the house. When we got back from Seth had to have some dental surgery. He did really well and I was proud of him.


Me and Seth waiting to have surgery

Seth also had a birthday he turned 27 years old. How did that happen???  I remember when the boys were little and I thought it was so hard to take care of them. Could not wait until they would get old and be able to reason with them better. The reality is that it is actually harder in lots of ways. When they were little it was easier to know when they were sick, when they were in pain because I had to do everything for them. Now Seth is so independent and worries all the the time about everything. He makes me worry more know then when he was little. He will not tell you when he does not feel good or if something hurts. Oh well I try my best to take care of him and I pray everyday some time several times a day to have guidance to do the best I can.
The Farmer found a perfect snake skin up at the chicken houses in the generator building.

The persimmons are falling and I have started selling my pulp. 

Canning a few tomatoes


Air fried some okra.  I used this salad dressing to toss it in and it is really yummy.



Also been enjoying stuffed pepper. I use Perdue ground chicken browned and some salsa that I canned to it. Cut the peppers in half and roast in the oven until tender. Then I fill them up with the meat and top with colby jack cheese. I put it back in the oven to melt the cheese. Yummy!!
 


Well that is about all I have. Thanks for stopping by








2 comments:

  1. How did your chickens make it during this hot summer? We had to keep our summer batch longer than usual; they weighed over 7 pounds. Now we've just started a new batch, thinking it would be cooler, but having to use the cool cells some. Your tomatoes sure look good; I haven't had a really good tomato all summer.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lil red hen, I was just reading your last post. Oh I am so sorry you are not blogging any more. I feel the same about myself. I very seldom have anything to tell about on the farm that I think anyone would find interesting. We grow roasters. The chicken did good the farmer had to run the cool cells and the misters on them. The bad part they caught the chickens early this morning but something happened at the plant and they left 1/2 a house to be caught this evening.This will really mess with the pay. We did have a good tomato crop this year and I was happy about it I love to can spaghetti sauce, salsa and tomatoes. Thanks for you comments I would love to hear more about your farming. You can always just leave a comment about your farm, since you are not blogging anymore. Thanks for your friendshi

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.