Sunday, March 1, 2015

Promises.....

Many times I have heard of making a promise to yourself you are more likely to keep it. This has never been my case. I must really be bad a promises unless I make them to someone else. I have made promises, goals and commitments to myself to lose weight and get healthy. It is not about being skinny but about being healthy. But for some reason I can not seem to find my balance between food and being healthy.

It is like you know how to do something, you know what to do to get it done but yet you have no ambition to get started. It is either like an addiction to the food or just being lazy and not wanting to do it. Finding every excuse under the sun to wait one more day, that the candy bar is not going to hurt me or just go and walk it off. Yet I get tired of walking, I get tired of tracking every bite of food that I put in my mouth, and I get tired of not being able to eat what I want.

What is more important to me? Breaking promises? Working through my food addictions? Or just living my life and taking the risk of gaining more weight back? Why can't life just be simple?

So tomorrow is March 1st. Tomorrow is the day that I want to make a short term commitment to myself for one month. I have my yearly check up on April 1st and I would love to be lighter by then. Really all I want is to get under 200 pounds by then which is only 7 pounds. Everyday I am going to blog and try to keep myself dedicated to this promise. Can it be done? I don't know but I will pray to my Father in Heaven to give me the courage and commitment to get this done.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.