Thursday, June 25, 2020

Farm catch up

Wow it has been a long time since I made a blog post. Not a lot has been happening here on the farm. We have had so much rain that we have had to replant the garden 3 times. We have bought 3 flats of tomatoes and I don't think we even have a flat still living but the beans, squash and cucumbers are finally starting to come up and grow. We have a lot of blueberries waiting to ripen. We have also have tame blackberries and grape. I had pictures of them blooming and grapes hanging on the vines but they are missing.
Blueberries but not ripening yet


This is all wild blackberries With all the rain it has grown up to you can not barely get to them

Here are the wild blackberries getting ripe

Here is another picture


I picked a few

Garden




We have gone on vacation since the last time I blogged. We went to the beach and had a wonderful time. It was so nice to get away from the craziness of the world. We now have  chickens back and trying to slowly get back to a so called normal life. 

Someone made a dog sculpture on the beach

A family picture


Chickens

Here are some pictures from the yard.


Hydrangea should have taken a more recent picture they are so brilliant blue/purple

My fig tree has figs the first time ever 5 of them. I wonder if they will get ripe

Firepoker again I needed a newer picture


I have not been doing great with my WW. I have not been able to get back on track. I have officially gained  10 pounds back. I am trying hard to get my act together I so a picture the other day on Instagram that That said "YOU DON'T LACK MOTIVATION, YOU LACK DISCIPLINE" This really struck a cord in me from teenage memory of a teacher telling me I don't have any  self-discipline. He put a small sign of this in every class I had. Oh well I am going to prove I have discipline I am back on track and I hope to stay that way!!


 
This evening the sky was beautiful I had to go out and take pictures of it.




Well I guess I will end it here. I will try to do better getting a new post up. Thanks for stopping by.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Vicki! I sure enjoyed seeing your farm and your family pictures. Glad you all got back to the beach this summer. I would LOVE to go again. Never seen so many blackberries! They look so delicious and I bet they are better than these big tame things everyone plants. Even the ones I'm growing are full of big seeds and not as sweet as the old timey ones. Been meaning to tell you, I tried planting squash like you said (a little sevin dist in the hole) and it's working! We are getting squash and haven't seen the first squash bug. Thank you for telling me. Better get busy. It's Monday and I've got a ton of work ahead of me! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.