Thursday, August 9, 2018

Long time....

I have not posted in a long time. It seem like nothing has been going on around my place lately. Then I started thinking I have a few things to share. Are garden did good for a while. I made so many pickles this year. I thought I had pictures of some of my pickles but I don't. I made my aunts dill pickles, and i found a gherkins sweet pickle recipe and me and my husband have almost eaten all of them. I also made 3 gallons of 3 month pickles that will be sweet when I finish them in 3 months. I also tried something new I spiraled some yellow squash and some zucchini and froze them.


Yellow spiral squash
I went and bought me some tomatoes from a local farm that sells to the public I bought 3 25lb boxes and made spaghetti sauce
tomatoes


Peeling the tomatoes 

Canning the spaghetti sauce

some of the sauce 
Our blueberries produce a lot this year I froze 3 gallons of them.
Here is 1 of the gallons of blueberries

I canned some green beans this year also. 
Oh if forgot that I planted my first ever egg plant and it has one baby egg plant on it.





Well I guess that is enough about canning and freezing. I started a new diet planned with Beach body called 2B Mindset. I did really well on it until vacation and I have got to get started back Monday. I have not lost 1 single pound this year. I can not tell any different in my body even doing exercise everyday. I bought myself a cricut explore air 2. I am excited about it. I bought several tank tops to make I tried my first one the yesterday.

Here is the practice card I made

Here is my first tank I made
We went to the beach and we had a great time The pictures are the same as the ones from the past. We are creatures of habit around here. We went to Brookgreen Gardens and to Huntington beach State park. The week was nice it rained about everyday but God was good to us and we got 4 hours a day on the beach with sun everyday except Friday. I was so grateful. Here is our yearly family beach picture 


Well that about catches me up I am going to try hard to do better with this blog. I have gotten lazy on doing most anything. I feel guilty because there are so many things I need to do and I just don't seem like I have enough time in the day or the motivation to get it done. It has been so hot that I have not wanted to do anything. I am not really in a funk but a lot has been going on. The Farmers sister had an heart attack at age 49. She is mostly a healthy person non smoker and non drinker. She had blockage and had stents put in  and had to have a pacemaker put in. She is dong better but please keep her in your prayers 

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

  1. I love your beach picture this year. I'm so glad you all still go to the beach for a week. Wish Dan and I had kept going. We've settled in to being old folks way too soon. :) Shelby was telling me about your new machine. I've never heard of one, but so glad you got it. That shirt you did looks so professional. Can't believe all the canning you've done. Vicki, you always have a lot to post and put on a blog. Always good stuff. Sure hope Frank's sister will be fine. That is very young...like your Dad was when he had a heart attack. I love you Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.