Sunday, February 11, 2018

Stuff that has been going on around the farm...

We finally got rid of the chickens. This was a terrible flock. The cold weather used a lot of fuel. They got sick at the end of the flock and we lost a lot of chickens. It has stressed the Farmer and me worrying about how everything is going to end. We had our taxes done this past Friday and it was not good. . Because of all the stress I have been craving sweets and I have done my share in eating. We had Dairy Queen mini blizzards, doughnuts from this great doughnut shop in Asheboro. Then I got to craving apple pie and ice cream. I have been eating it for 2 days and now it is gone. My scales have only been going up and down. I lose 3 pounds and then gain it back. I just finished the first phase of 80 day Obsession. I am going to measure tomorrow and see if I have lost any inches. I don't feel like I have especially after all the sweets I have ate this week. Oh well tomorrow starts phase 2 and I am going to lose some weight and for it to stay off before the end of February.

We have two antique malls that we like to go to. One of them is in Albemarle and the other one in Siler City. We got to hit both this weekend. I found me a new baby doll I feel in love with. It says she is a collector item. I looked her up on line and she is 179$ I got her for 45. I know this sounds crazy to me that I spent this kind of money on a doll but I just wanted her. I told myself I was to old to spend money like this on baby dolls but I could not help myself. She reminds me of a doll Henny Penny got at Good will. I told her when she gets tired of her she can pass her to me. I think my baby needs a pretty little dress to wear.






I had the Farmer to take a picture of me the other day. I could not get over how much I like like my dear aunt Henny Penny. 




Oh yeah I have been trying some new recipes. I like to cook new stuff that is tasty.

Hamburger mushroom bake

Spaghetti squash with ff Alfredo sauce and veggies.

Egg muffin omelettes 

Roasted veggies baby carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips, red onions, and beets.
Deer meat burritos and a salad

This is 1 point biscuits 1 cup non fat greek yogurt and 1 cup flour



I will stop here I think that is about all I have got. Thanks for stopping by. 





4 comments:

  1. Hey sweet Vicki. I've been watching for this. Oh, I love your Doll and I'm so glad you bought it. She is adorable. Don't you love holding her. What is it that makes us love doll at this age? Dolls make me happy. That is a good picture of you. You are beautiful. Too pretty to say you look like me, but thank you for the compliment! I do see the favor though...as soon as the picture popped up, I thought ahh! Me! You were supposed to be mine anyway! :) Vickie you look small. You must be doing something right. Hey, I am starting with you tomorrow morning. It's depressing...this inter tube around my waist! I love you. I think I'll print that picture and frame it. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey aunt Melba. I love you so much. I am proud to look like you! You are beautiful inside and out!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through Henny's blog, and after reading this post, realized there are other chicken farmers who deal with the same situations as we do. We are contract growers for Tyson (going on 46 years now). I'm much older than you, almost 77, but still at it every day. The days the chickens sell are always much welcomed, then it's time to start over. :) I'll plan to come back to visit again; it seems difficult to find anyone interested in this type of farm life. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Lil red hen. We bought our farm from my husbands parents. We have been raising chickens for 11 years. Thanks for following me

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.