Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Writing Challenge Days 8, 9, and 10

Day 8: A Book I loved and One that I don't love

I would have to say my favorite author is Nicholas Spark. I love his books and have read all of the ones he has out except the newest one. I can not pick just one that I love more than another. I can not remember a name of a book that I just hate. I have started several over the years I just never got into and did not finish reading. I can say one of my favorite children book is "Are You My Mother" PD Eastman. I know this book by heart.


Day 9: Your Feeling on Ageism


I had to look this word up.
    Ageism (also spelled "agism") is stereotyping and discriminating against individuals or groups on the basis of their age. This may be casual or systematic. The term was coined in 1969 by Robert Neil Butler to describe discrimination against seniors, and patterned on sexism and racism.
    I can say that after looking the word up I do not like it. I don't like anything that discriminates against or bullies anyone. We are all God's Children and he loves each and everyone  of us. So what gives any mortal on earth the power to treat anyone less than themselves.  
    In reality we should all honor the older population and try to learn life lessons from their experienced years. I wish everyday that I would have asked my grandmothers more questions and documented in some way to always remember. I find it so sad that people give up, push aside or not even acknowledge what an older adult has to offer in society. We all need to advocate for them. Prisoners are treated better for free than what senior citizens are treated. So many do with out and die with out a tear shed. How sad.

    Day 10: A Fruit that you dislike
    I do not like avocados.  I personally think they taste like dirt. 

    Alright after catching up on the writing challenge I am not a writer and I know that I never will be. I don't have what it takes to draw out or make a story interesting, but I do love to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.