Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Geese and Skunks....

I have a little sad news one of the baby geese is missing. We went over to the pond today and there were only 3 babies and the mom and dad. It made me so sad. We looked around the pond but we did not see any signs of the baby or evidence that something killed it. This was taken the day before.




Also today we went over to take the donkeys some apples and we noticed that 2 cows were standing and staring. I said wonder what they see? The farmer said he thought they were grass starring. Well in a few minutes I saw something black moving around in the grass. At first I thought it was the cat that hangs around the house but no it was a skunk!! The farmer has been seeing a few skunks around and one of my goals this summer was to get a picture of it and I did. 



We tried to get him to raise his head up and look but he was busy looking for something to eat. I was so excited. I wish I could have gotten some better shots. I took probably 20 to 30 shots but he would not be still and look. He also was probably about 50 to 60 yards from us. I was not about to get any closer to him. I did not want to get sprayed. We also have some ground hogs that live around here and I also want to get a picture of it. Wish me luck!

Yesterday my lily opened up. 
I think it is called a lolly pop lily. 
Tomorrow it should have 2 more blooms. I will take another picture when they open.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hate that something kills babies. I don't know how any babies in the wild ever survive. There is always something after them. That skunk is amazing. I've never seen one in the wild. Oh, and the lily is beautiful. I'm still waiting for the stargazer lilies to come up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.