Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Addictions and God

I have been loving this beautiful weather and staying outside most of the day. I have also been reading a book while sitting in the swing, in the warm sun. The book I have been reading a great and I would recommend reading it if you struggle with eating to much or binge eat. I have talked to you all about my father being an alcoholic an addiction that ruled his life. As an adult I have come to understand that his addiction was hard and was not as simple as just quitting and not doing it ever again. As well as his smoking cigarets. I remember he would be down to an 1/2 pack of cigarets and pacing the floor trying to make sure he had a way to get to the store to get some more. This is how I feel about food at times. I can not stand for there to be something sweet in the house. I try hard to keep sweets out of the house but I crave them! I will stalk the cabinets trying to figure out what I can eat that would be sweet that would not hurt my diet. If I do make something sweet like a persimmon pudding it will not be in the house longer than 24 hours. I do not eat it by myself I push my family to eat it to. I have to get rid of it. The same goes with cookies, candy, or anything sweet. So I find it easier not to keep sweets in the house and also not to make desserts often. The only dessert I can keep in the house is sugar free popsicles and sugar free fudge pops. They will fix my craving sometimes. The book tells you to remove the binge food from your life. It starts off with removing sugar and then white flour. I can honestly say I don't crave bread but I love pasta! I love spaghetti and can eat my fill in it.  I found wheat spaghetti noodles and they are delicious and I have noticed that the wheat one fill you up and I am not craving more and more and more. I love spaghetti squash and I have eaten it in replace of pasta but it takes a lot of squash to fill me up. I think that I am going to try to give up desserts until Thanksgiving. That is almost a month away maybe I can do it.

 The book also helps you get closer to God. I have been struggling with over eating for a while and I have not lost any weight in a while. I love to eat and it is so hard to stop. I have really enjoyed the parts that are getting me back on track with God also. I have always had good intentions to read my bible daily but after 47 years I have never done it consistently  until now. To help with your food addictions the book recommends that you pray, read your bible and visit with God daily. I know it has only been 6 days but I feel like this is a big deal for me. I have really been enjoying getting to now Gods word. I have been saved since I was a young girl. I have prayed a lot, and trusted God to help me through so many rough times in my life. I don't think I could have raised my children without his help. I gave him my sons after they were diagnosed with Fragile X Syndrome and I told him that I was there earthly mother and I would do the best I can but I would always need his guidance. I just have never got into reading my bible. I tried to read the whole bible one time but I stopped at the book of Job. I was not raised in an environment where anyone in my family read the bible daily. I know it has taken me a long time to start again but I pray that I will keep with it this time.




Thanks for stoping by

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good person Vicki. I love you. Your Mom and Dad would be so proud of you. I try to read some in the Bible every day too. Even a few verses helps. That sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The book is good. I hope that everything is going well with your donkey fence.

      Love you

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.