Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!!! Kinda of Long

The new year is here!  I am ready to take it on today and keep up with some things I want to change or accomplish this year. I am not real good at keeping resolutions but I have a few things I want to change in my life I think I can accomplish with God's help!

Mark 10:27  

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. King James Version



I read a dear friends blog that told about her year. How she decided not to make a resolution last year but pick a word and try to have this word active in her every day life. So I have decided to do this this year myself. I have thought about my word all new year eve after reading her blog and finally decided to pick the word "BELIEVE". 

Believe: : to accept or regard (something) as true                         

intransitive verb
1
a :  to have a firm religious faith

People who really know me know that I have had me issues on believing that somethings are true. I have to have concrete evidence and then I have to sometimes have more than one kind of evidence. The older I get I feel like I have seen the world in an whole different light. As I think back to being a child I was always exposed to Christian believes and accepted them to all be true. I went to church, bible school, Sunday school, and my parents and grandparents taught me about the bible and to believe. I can not really remember when I got saved but I know that I am. I have asked God many times over my 46 years of life to forgive me of my sins, and come into my heart and save me. I do Believe  all of this to be true!! 

The things I need help in and changing in "Believe" is when I am having a really hard time. Examples: I took a religion class that was required when I was working on my four year education degree. This class really upset me and what I have always believed to be true. It upset me that young innocent students that have not been exposed to so much "political correctness" bureaucracy can be swayed to change what they have been taught as children. This old world exposes us to things that the Bible tells us are sins but they force them in our lives everyday. Lots of people would love to see Christianity smothered out. That the Bible is fiction. Things like this scare me. 

Then I having been talking my children to Sunday school since they were little. I have not always stuck to it because there has been times trying to make your child physically stay at church becomes more than you can bear. I remember praying to please God just let them make it for the 40 minutes that Sunday school lasted. Many time that never happened I would get discouraged and stop going to church. This did not only just happen during Sunday school but VBS, and Childrens Clubhouse.  

I have belief issues with some of the Bible stories. I know "how do you believe in the Bible and then have doubt?" The Bible is always promoting "war" , Moses leading the people to the promise land then not allowing him to enter the promise land because of his doubt. This really scares me.

I want to believe!! I want to believe that I can be a better christian and believe that I will enter heaven. I remember my dad telling that 5 people can be standing in a field and only one will go to heaven. I want to be the one but I don't want the other 4 to be left behind. There just seems to be so much more to get to heaven than just asking God into our hearts and washing away our sins but yet does that mean that people whom drink (alcoholics) that believe in God ask forgiveness and truly mean it. Homosexuals that go to church, pray and believe? 



1 Corinthians 6:9–11

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. eNeither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor 2homosexuals, nor 3sodomites,10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were fsome of you. gBut you were washed, but you were4sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
I don't feel like I have any right to be talking about the Bible, I don't know a lot about it and I don't read it everyday. I just want to try to implement "BELIEVE" into the next 365 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Good word, Vicki! I'm glad you enjoyed my post. It helps me to know that it has helped someone else. I'm not a Bible expert either and I've done my fair share of questioning, but it comes down to having faith and believing. Here's my take on what you're asking: we're all sinners. None of us are perfect. That's why Jesus died - to save us from our sin. All we really have to do is believe. It seems too simple, but that's it! As for the verses you posted about some not going to Heaven, the key is at the beginning of verse 11: and such WERE some of you. Once we're saved, we try to be better people and not sin. Hope that helps. Love you! Happy New Year! (I believe God understands the struggles you have had with taking your boys to church. I think as long as you've done your best, it is perfectly okay!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vicki, I like that idea too...picking a word. I've been thinking about which one. That verse from the Bible, Mark 10:27 is one of my favorites. I love you Vicki. Hope this will be a good year for all of us.

    Aunt Melba

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.