Thursday, November 21, 2013

Busy and Behind

Well all week I have been busy but I have also been behind. I have been helping Frank (farmer) get the chicken houses ready for baby chicks today. They will be arriving around 7:00 and 9:00 this evening. I have never been up there when we get baby chicks and I don't think I will go tonight either. I will take some pictures of them later.This is what we have been up to. Lowering feed lines and drinker lines. Putting out feed pans and lighter brooder heaters.
Frank and Seth busy fixing the feed hoppers.
 Frank taking the cows a roll of hay.
 Henny Penny gave me the idea to get out and rack leaves to burn some calories so we all got out and raked the front yard. we cheated a little bit. After we got big piles Frank brought in the bobcat and pushed the piles out into the woods and Seth finished up with the leave blower. We only got one side of the front yard done and it took an hour to do this. There was a lot of leaves.
The things that I am behind on are cleaning the house, washing clothes and finish putting up my tree. 
I am not done yet there is something missing but I am not sure what it is yet. I love my rustic star and I used the idea of putting my tree in a old wash tub but the tree itself is missing something. I just got to figure out what it is??


Well I better get busy I am still behind you know. I hear the laundry calling my name. 

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I've lived less than a mile from chicken houses my whole life, but I've never been in one. Your tree looks great. Do you think some burlap garland would help it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I am thinking!! Great minds think a like.A chicken house the way it is right now is clean shaving smell but after chickens they don't smell to good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is so pretty and I love the star! Hey, could you get the farmer to bring the bobcat this way...I am overwhelmed with leaves! I have to rake the leaves on a sheet and drag them off. I feel like a mule pulling those heavy loads! :) You have two good men to help you. Dan doesn't do leaves!!! :) Love you. Henny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I meant to say, I love the pictures. You have a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.