Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 35 Your Truth or the truth

When I was in High school I was told by a teacher that I did not have any "self-discipline" He posted it in all of my classes so that I could see it. I think somewhere in my mind this has stuck. Just like Phil in talking about in this challenge that he was call a quitter when he was young that he started believing it. I have not had a lot of success with things I start I got real close to getting lifetime with weight watchers one time but I quit and eventually gained it all back plus 10 more pounds. I can not get 1 pound off anymore. I just don't know what to do. I can work on changing the way I think and I hope that I can get at least 10 pounds of before school starts.
 Word to the wise: 1) Change how you think about food. It is merely fuel for the body. It won't make you happy, and it won't de-stress your life. and 2) Don't quit. No matter what happens, the time goes by, and if you quit, the time will still go by and you won't be any closer to your goal. Even if it seems the scale is standing still, remember, you are now maintaining a lower weight than you were. This is practice for when you get to maintenance.


                                                           Tips to Lose Weight


For today's mini challenge I was suppose to read the Bible and find 5 scriptures that makes you see that God believes in you.


Philippians 4:13 

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.









Psalm 139:13-14 

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.










Psalm 139:1-24 

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. ...














Acts 20:35

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”









Luke 10:27
The man answered, ” `You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, `Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.