Saturday, August 12, 2017

August around the farm...

I can not believe how fast August is passing by. Here it is already August 12. It has been hot and dry around here. Our pastures were getting dry and weedy. We got a little rain today and it was nice but it made it so humid outside.

This is a picture of the peach tree in the rain today.
The garden has slowed down a lot we are only getting a few tomatoes. The Farmer is talking about planning a salad patch and collards. I am ready for some. I walked around in the yard today and took a few pictures. 
Our big and little Crepe Myrtle tree

Look how big our lemon grass got

Cows eating some hay

Hummingbird plant at grandma's house. 

Tame blackberry vines. Hope we have some blackberries next year.
We have had an adventurous grocery trip one day. Our youngest son has to take his favorite toy balls with him when we go somewhere. While in the car he puts them between him and the door. Well we went to the grocery store in Troy and the Food Lion is on a hill. Well the Farmer open the door and out bounced the balls. He was trying to catch them but some of the got away. There was a family getting in the car next to us and they caught to of them but Buzz light year rolled down the hill and out onto HWY 24 27 going toward Albemarle. Well that one is gone. We went on in the store and got our groceries and we left. When pulling out of the parking lot the Farmer spotted the ball on the curb of the road. The Farmer turned around and went back and rescued Buzz from the busy HWY. That is a true fathers love! I love this man!!




We picked the apples off our trees. I have got to figure something out to do with them. 


I made apple pies cooked on the griddle one night.
I made my first batch of concord grape jelly was so proud of my self.


I am starting a new bible study Monday. I am excited about it. I went to a funeral for my dear friend Joan Powers mother passed away. Dot Moore Garner. The funeral was beautiful and really made me think about how she was remembered. As a God loving woman, humble and devoted to God and her church. She was a wonderful wife to her husband Jimmy Garner and 2 daughters Sandy and Joan. It made me think of how will I be remembered. I want to be remembered a one of God's servers and I hope that I will. Here is my new bible, devotion and journal.


I can not wait to start. 
I want to get closer to God and learn to be his server. 

My mother in law had a spot on her forehead removed the first of August and it came back cancerous. She had to go back this week and have more removed. Please keep her in your prayers that she will be ok. 

Well God bless you all and thanks for stopping by to read my blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.