Monday, June 5, 2017

Stuff to talk about....


I have so much on my mind I don't even know where to start. First and foremost My healthy eating sucks. I just don't know what to do anymore. I have been reading inspirational weight loss bible studies. I am not giving up on God by the way. I am starting a new bible study next week.  I have tried a 4 week diet and lost 6 pounds the first week and that was it. I tried the 3 day detox and I got down to 185 pounds but that did not last either. I weighed this morning I weigh 189.6. I have thought about trying weight watchers again. I thought about doing the 4 week diet again but I am fixing to go on vacation and to tell you the truth it was kinda expensive and a lot of chicken.  I know slow weight loss is good but I really am tired of only losing 10 or lest pounds a year.

I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself watching a documentary on people who are 90's and over. A 100 year old  lady Ida Keeling ran a 100 meter race. She started running at age 67. I grumble that I can not run and she was getting it done!! I know I can exercise and I could be so much better if I could just get the rest of this weight off. Well that is enough about this.

Our garden is looking so pretty! This is our zucchini. We have some tiny tomatoes coming on.
Spaghetti squash
zucchini

Tomato

see the little tomato



Buckwheat


Buckwheat
I can not wait until our zucchini starts coming in I tried a new recipe and it was delicious. They were grilled cheese zucchini patties.  

here is the picture of it.
This is from Delish on Face book. I am not sure how to share the link but here it is.
 http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52458/zucchini-grilled-cheese-recipe/

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 c. grated zucchini
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 c. cornstarch
  • kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Vegetable oil, for cooking
  • 2 c. shredded Cheddar

DIRECTIONS

  1. Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini with a clean kitchen towel. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini with egg, Parmesan, green onions and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. In large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to layer the bottom of the pan. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture onto one side of the pan and shape into a small square. Repeat to form another patty on the other side.
  3. Cook until lightly golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat to drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining zucchini mixture. Wipe skillet clean.
  4. Place two zucchini patties in the same skillet over medium heat. Top both with shredded cheese, then place two more zucchini patties on top to form two sandwiches. Cook until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side.
  5. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Well I guess I will close here. Thanks for stopping by I hope that you made it past my whining . 





3 comments:

  1. Vicki, those zucchini patties look awesome! Yum!!! Please don't give up and done be too hard on yourself. You are doing great! I am like a yo-yo. Up and down. I know I don't need to lose weight per se, but I need to eat better, exercise, and where do the days go while I sit on my behind eating gluten-free brownies!! I just try again each morning. Let's make the best choices possible every day! And exercise whenever we can! Keep at it! Love you! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet cousin. I need encouragement it is so much harder to lose weight when you turn 50.

      Delete
  2. Hey Vicki, I'm just two weeks late reading this! I'm sorry. I can't keep up with anything any more. It's a wonder anybody looks at my blog. Oh Vicki, losing weight has got to be the hardest thing in this world do. Since I have osteoporosis and have lost two inches in HEIGHT!! I have this huge roll of fat around my waist that I can not lose. I know this is not an overwhelming amount of pounds to lose, but good gosh...I can't even stay on a diet long enough to lose ANY!! You do great! Really you do! All we can do is keep trying. You are beautiful!! Your garden sure looks good, and I want to try those zucchini patties. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.