Saturday, April 26, 2014

Remembering.....

I really find it funny how things bother you even when you say they don't. I was just a little sad yesterday. Why you might ask?? Yesterday my students went to special olympics and to the prom. I feel a little left out even though I do not want to go back to work. I am loving being at home again and not having to worry about taking the boys to school anymore. Here are my girls getting 1st and 2nd place in the shock put. My boys never really liked going to or doing the olympics which makes me sad but me or the farmer never were into sports either. After the olympics they went to the prom. I am so glad they got to go to the prom.



Mayra and Ashley


Sorry about the quality of the prom picture but I stole it of my dear friend and former teacher I worked with. 
Joan and Ashley

Some people are meant to be special ed teachers and she was one of them. She is retired and still goes back and takes her students to the prom. This will be her last student that she taught before she retired.  I miss teaching but I have to think about my children. I read a blog last night that was talking about her son growing up and what kind of placement or services he would receive after high school. Talking about building the perfect group home for her son and his friends. I have the same dream but I don't see the opportunity every happening. I would rather have the resources for a day center for all special ed adults. I know they have programs at the local community college and a program called Monarch but I am not interested in these for my sons. As their mother I know there needs and how independent they can be. Oh well I am starting to ramble. 

I just pray, keep my eyes open and my ears listening while I wait to see where God takes me next. I know that he has a plan for me, my boys and the farmer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.