Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Collards and Turnips

It is supposed to get really cold here Sunday night. 17 degrees is what they are saying so the Farmer went out and cut all of the collards and pulled a bunch of turnips so they cold will not hurt them.





I have worked all evening cutting up and cooking collards and freezing them. We love some collards. 
I love boiled and french fry turnips. They are so yummy. Me and the Farmer bought us an Air fryer. 


I love this thing!! Now I am debating if I should get the instant pot next. I like things that cook fast. I would be willing to get rid of my crock pot for something fast!! 

I am starting 2 bible studies next week. One is It is not supposed to be this way and the other is Messy People. 



I hope I am not getting too much on my plate but they both are too good to pass up. 

I also started my exercise program. I am doing a hybrid of 80 day obsession and LIIFT 4. I am greatly regretting that I took off so long doing hard exercise for the holidays. I exercised but I was doing a dance exercise and it just don't make you sore like weights and squats. I am so sore I could cry. I am working hard on getting my nutrition under control. I watched Rachel Ray today and I heard a something that was talking to me.
"It is not about the number on the scales It is about how I feel physically and mentally." I am going to put this on some cards and post around my house to remind me. I am not about getting skinny that is never going to happen it is about health.

Well Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty turnips and collards! I know one thing! You are the most determined person I know. You never give up! I admire you. I am such a wimp. :) I want an air fryer. Last time I was at Shelby's, she made french fries in her new air fryer. The fries were crispy and good...and not nearly so fattening. Don't understand how it works. Guess I should go pick the few collards we have left. Love you Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too!! I love my new air fryer!
      I need to see if Aunt Shelby has the instant pot I have been thinking about getting one of them

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.