Friday, June 15, 2018

Quick post....that turned long





Well things are going alright around here. We are having hard time to get our tomatoes to live out at Grandmas house. We have lost several of plants that looks like they got a blight. We figured from all of the rain and humidity we have been having. The tomatoes at our house are doing good. they are pretty and have tomatoes on them.  We have little cucumber coming on and squash. Our half runner beans are so pretty I really hope they do well I am planning on selling them if they do.






tomatoes and peppers
Row of strike beans at our house 
We have 2 rows of strike beans at grandmas house we should have plenty of beans if the hot weather don't hurt them and if we keep getting some rain along.

The Farmer giving the tomatoes some shake and feed

I am trying one egg plant I have never grown one. I hope it does well
Half runner beans
We have 2 rows of half runner beans they are blooming but no beans yet
The farmer got our first harvest of cucumbers and yellow squash today. 


I checked the persimmon trees they are loaded with little green persimmons. I hope that I have another bumper crop this year. 




We have wild blackberries growing on the fence. The Farmer and I picked a small basket today. 



These are growing up into the cedar tree.


Here are the blackberries we picked today.

I got a ladies night out with Joytime and the church lady friends. We had a great time. We went and ate at the steak house in Randleman. I had a filet with sautéed veggies and a baked sweet potato. It was so yummy. The Joytime event was at Adaumont Farm in Trinity. 


Here is a picture of the place I borrowed from their page on FB. 
Big Daddy Weave was there I love his music



Here we are outside the barn in the picture. 
It was beautiful. Well I guess I better close here this quick post is getting long. Thanks for stopping by.





2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have such wonderful garden vegetables! We had such a late spring which then turned into hot, dry summer, so what we did get to plant is now suffering for need of rain. Hopefully it will begin raining and we can plant some fall things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are needing rain here now. We had to much the beginning of spring not it is hot and dry. I hope that a shower comes soon.

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.