Thursday, February 22, 2018

A new calf

My cow mama had a new calf this week.





I have not been able to get a good picture of it yet. Our bull Jimmy is very protective of his babies and does not like it when I take pictures of them. 

The Farmer has been busy cleaning the chicken houses getting them ready to get new chicks. I took a picture of him while I was out walking yesterday. He was washing fans.




It was a pretty evening for a walk.


I have been trying to get my 11,000 step goal in this week and I have accomplished it everyday this week so far. It has been a while since I have done my steps. I am not as motivated to get my steps like I was when I first got my fitbit. I used to be so competitive but not as much anymore. Well not much going on around here. Stop for stoping by



2 comments:

  1. Baby calves are so sweet aren't they! We have a new one in the barn. Its mother was an old cow who needed to be fed a while before taking her to market; she up and surprised us! We've had over 4 inches of rain this week, already, and so the lot at the barn is very muddy. We were afraid the calf would get stomped down around the hay ring.
    Your chicken houses look much newer than ours! Washing fans is a very dirty job; ours need to be washed before summer for sure.
    I enjoy your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was muddy and mucky around here also. Our chicken houses are 30 years old.

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.