Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year 2018

We are 2 days in to a new year. I have been searching my heart for a word for the new year. Last years word was "Change" I am not sure about how much change happened in my life. I did not have any success in reading the bible thru this past year. I lost 10 pounds and gained it back. I exercised everyday except on Sundays. I did take days off now and then to let my aching knees feel better. I turned 50 and loved it that I lived to be that old. Life was good to us. We had plenty from the garden and have been blessed with good health. Prayers that 2018 is good to us as well.

I finally decided on my word "Seek" 


Definition of seek

sought play  \ˈsȯt\seeking
transitive verb
1to resort to go to 
2a to go in search of look for b to try to discover 

3to ask for request 
  • seeks advice

4to try to acquire or gain aim at  
  • seek fame

5to make an attempt try  used with to and an infinitive 
  • governments … seek to keep the bulk of their people contented
  •  —D. M. Potter

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Jeremiah 29:13King James Version (KJV)

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

My reason for picking this word is that I want to get closer to God. Learning more about his word and understanding it. I want to seek him and know him personally as you do a close friend. 

The New Year has started off a cold one. I am normally a cold weather kind of girl but this is to cold. 


Living on a farm and cold weather does not mix. The cows water is frozen. I hauled 2 5 gallon buckets 5 times to the cows for the Farmer. He had chicken house work that took him all day to fix. The heat seems to never cut off. We have been having a fire in the fireplace I started it today. I love having this skill. I learned from my mom. My youngest son loves sitting near the fire. 



We had our traditional New Year meals it was yummy. Collard, black eye peas, sweet potato, cornbread muffin, turnips, and bbq pork chops. 

Well once again I hope that I will do better with blogging, 

I usually make a few goals so here it goes:
GOALS for 2018:
Read the bible everyday and seek to know God and all of his Glory!
To be thankful and complain less
To be grateful I can exercise instead of complaining I don't want to and to keep doing them everyday except Sundays. 
I am really going to get a grip on my food aka eating habits this year with Gods help. 

Thanks for stoping by and may your New Year be filled with God's Love also. 



1 comment:

  1. I like the word you picked, and I love those Bible verses. I didn't make any resolutions...I never keep them, but I do want to be careful with things I say. I also plan to do some cleaning out and hauling off this year. As mama used to say, there's not room to lay a pin down around here. Love you Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.