Sunday, May 15, 2016

Change...

Things change everyday. Sometimes we love the change and ready to start and embrace it right away. Other times we are scared and don't want to go anywhere near it. I have been through a lot of change in my 49 years of life and I know there is a lot more to come.

Today it came to my attention that they tore down the Pickett Dime store in Robbins, N.C. My granny worked in this store when i was a little girl. She used to tell me stories of how I would find a toy I wanted and I would holler across the store "Hang"! I could not say granny and I called her "Hang". Isn't that so funny. Cecil Saunders that had a beauty shop under the store. It is all gone. It makes me so sad. I did not take these pictures I borrowed them from a friend.




Last weekend we went to Dunrovin Country store down out of Southern Pines. It is a cool store slam packed full of stuff It would take hours to just look at everything in the store. 

I got this one off the internet 

I also got this one off the internet

I took this one I just love the metal horse

I took this one also I also loved the metal cow. 

I also wanted to share some flowers in the yard. They have almost completely stopped blooming but they were so beautiful. 

My peonies 
lilies
My roses

My roses


We went over to the land and there was a pair of owls calling to each other I got a picture of one of them. Isn't beautiful! I would love to be a wildlife photographer but I have got to get a lot better at it. I have been trying to capture as many different things I see. I also got a cool picture of a bullfrog. They did not load in order but they are to hard to move around.





I am going to try to get back into blogging. Thanks for stopping by. 





1 comment:

  1. Hey Vicki! I don't remember the Pickett dime store. Wonder if was where Lee's Dime Store used to be? I sure love the little town of Robbins and hate to see the stores torn down. Are they going to build something new there? Your wildlife pictures look professional! Those frogs are amazing. I read your last post too. Sounds like you are off to a good start...7 pounds is a lot! Keep blogging!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.