Friday, December 26, 2014

One Christmas get together down....

One Christmas get together down and one to go. We had Christmas with the Farmers parents and sister on Christmas day. Before grandma got 93 and her children started making decision of Christmas for her we always had Christmas at her house with aunts and uncles, cousins, grandkids and great grandkids. Now the families have split off into individual family get togethers.

Well any way we always have a great time and in a lot of ways it is easier on my youngest son having it at mamaw's houses. She has his own room set up with tv, computer, and books so that he can have his time. He gets  over stimulated with to many people around him. I am so thankful that over the years that we have not medicated or stuck to any strict schedules. People tried to tell me that it would be best for both boys since my oldest son use to have anxiety attacks so bad we had to leave and my youngest son can have some pretty bad meltdowns when fragile x takes over.  But we have toughed it out and they learned from experience, love, and tons of patients that it would be ok. Things are far from perfect but for most part things are good.

I am getting off track. I know why because I read and know that a lot of fragile x families struggle through the holidays. I know these days from the past and I am so happy that my children for most part can handle it better with age. Now back to Christmas. We had a great time and I was so happy that my mother-in-law was feeling a lot better after having pneumonia. We keep the meal simple having soup and desserts. Very yummy! Lots of socializing and eating and then Clays favorite part presents. I am so proud of my boys for enjoying their time with family. But we sure did miss Dalton. Both of my sister in laws twin boys are in the Marines. Dallas got to come in for Christmas but we will not see Dalton until February.

Looking forward to Saturday for our second Christmas with my family. Here are a few pictures from the Garner's Christmas.
Clay and Mamaw opening presents

Seth and Van opening presents

Laura and pops 

Mamaw

Seth trying on mamaw's coyote earmuffs

Seth and Laura

Clay and Laura

Seth Laura and Clay

Van Dallas and Laura missing Dalton
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had some wonderful family time this Christmas. The picture of him with the ear muffs made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. Keep the food simple and enjoy the social part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are going to make it a new tradition having soup!

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.