Sunday, September 14, 2014

Just some random things...

I just wanted to share a few things that are going on. I have been slack on my diet but I have been eating grapes. I love muscadine grapes and we went and picked some this past Friday.They are so big and sweet.


We try to go every year and pick grapes we found this really nice man and his wife that has a small orchard at their home in Albemarle. They are an older couple and his wife said they might pull them all up this year and stop raising them. This makes me sad because it has became a tradition to do this with my family. There are not a lot of things that we do any more now that the boys are older. I always thought it was hard to take them when they were young and it was don't get me wrong but now that they are older they just don't like to do stuff. Also it as gotten where it is hard for all of us to be around a crowd of people. It seems like these days any where you go there are way to many people and they don't like to give you any personal space. We keep going on though and hope and try to have a good time. 


We always like to go for a ride in the country. We have done this every since we got married and had children. I try to take my camera when we go riding just in case I see a good picture. Today we went for a ride and I got two pictures of stuff at a stop sign. 

A refrigerator with food still in it beside of a stop sign

A gourd growing beside a stop sign 

Someone shot the sign up

I also took some pictures around the house. We have a really cool writing spider that lives in my flower bed. I have noticed that it only has 7 legs. 


We have also started a nice collard patch. I can not wait to have a mess to eat after the frost comes. 

Actually it is collards, mustard and kale.
I took a picture a while back of the green beans we were gathering this is the last time we picked them and then plowed them up. I wish I would have taken pictures of all of the ones that we picked all summer. Man we got a lot of beans. 


I have also taken a picture of my yard now that the trees have been cleaned up It looks so different. 

Looks different but we will plant some grass.
Well this was mainly stuff about nothing but it kind of let you know what has been going on around the farm lately. I hope that you enjoyed it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.