Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Photography???

I have been trying to get better at taking pictures by practicing everyday just like they say but I am feeling so discouraged today. I took way over 75 pictures and I deleted many of them and some of the others ones are not real clear. I know one of the reason is because of zooming out to far. I have tried learning more about my camera and taking pictures in other programs but I really think I need some instructions. The book that comes with my camera is good but I want to know how to take better pictures by setting the apeture and shutter speed and maybe capturing a clearer picture of the birds I am taking. I have been researching on the internet trying to learn everything I can and one thing it said to take good bird pictures you need 300mm to 400mm to get the best shots. I just have a point and shoot camera that I use it mostly in auto. I am going to sign up for this next photography class. I am going to add to my list of things I want a new camera!!! I have never been good at anything and I really would like to be better at this.


The baby rabbit 

The baby birds hatched

Male Summer Tanager 

Male Summer Tanager

Red Winged Blackbird

Mallard ducks

Mallard Ducks

Mallard duck

Mallard duck

Female Summer Tanager

Female Summer Tanager

Male Summer Tanager

Baby mockingbirds

Pileated Woodpecker

Pileated woodpecker
Mallard ducks

Red Winged Blackbird

Red Winged Blackbird

I know my blog is probably getting boring to everyone but I am in a new phase of my life and I am trying to figure out how to full fill it. I sometimes feel like a failure because I started back to college and I did finish my 2 year Early childhood associates degree and I tried to finish my Special education degree but I got so burned out and when asked where did I see myself in 5 years with this degree I could not answer it because I knew I would be where my children/adults would be. So that is where I am. Like I have said more than once I know that God has a plan for me and I need to be patient and wait and see what he has planned. I don't want to make money at photography but I do want to be good. You know how questionnaires ask for a hobby and I don't really have one. I like to make Christmas ornaments at Christmas time. I loved being a teacher and planning for the classroom but those days are over. I am working hard on getting healthy. I need to start reading the Bible more and I pray a lot. Maybe I need to listen harder. Sometimes I really miss having a friend to talk to but life goes on and friends don't last forever in my world. 

Well thanks for stopping by if you read this far.  

4 comments:

  1. You've already got some good bird pictures. Yes, it's nice to take it to a higher level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red! I am working on it and trying to get better. I am by no means a perfectionist but I do want to be good.

      Delete
  2. Vicki, the pictures are really great. We have occasionally spotted a Tannger, but way up in a tree! I can't believe you got pictures of them. And, the Pileated Woodpecker, very unusual to get a picture of one, around here anyway. Your photography is great. You are great! You just don't see how special you are! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Henny! You are pretty special to!! I love you so much!

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.