Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Time

It has been a while since I have blogged. I stop by everyday and read the new entries of the ones that I am following. I have not had a lot to talk about. Things have been going pretty good at my house and spring is coming in full blast around here. I have been out in the yard a lot and I am still taking pictures for my photo challenge that I am doing on facebook.
.
My front side yard.
Gold finch eating thistle

My shirt button bush that I got from my granny's house.

A gold finch in my red bud tree.



We finally sold chickens and been able to go out to the Indian Mound and Morrow Mountain. We had a good time walking around on this warm day. Morrow Mountain is one of my favorite places to go. I remember when we lived in Pineville when I was young and going fishing with my dad at Lake Tillery. We also we there a lot with my Aunt Shelby and her family. I don't ever remember going to Morrow Mountain though. I remember me and daddy use to climb under the old bridge and fish off of it. Lake Tillery has totally changed. There are houses all around the river now and not many places unless you have a boat to fish in. I wish I would have taken some pictures of the bridge maybe next time.


Indian Mound

Indian Mound


The dogwoods are starting to open up

Cherry blossom in Albemarle park where we had a picnic.

(A Japanese Chestnut tree(Castanea crenata) planted by Kron still thrives and is listed in North Carolina's Champion Big Tree Database.)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrow_Mountain_State_Park

I am going to start today trying real hard to get back on track with my weight loss. Only 7 more days until my 47 birthday. I went for my annual yearly check up April 1st and I had lost 25 pounds since the last year when I went to the doctor. I was proud of myself and I want to get back on track and lose about 25 more pounds before vacation. I am still way over weight and could stand to lose 50 pounds all together. So if I could just lose 25 by vacation I would be tickled pink!! This is me on our day out I wanted to go see the camaro. I really want to see the new firebirds. I love camaros and firebirds. Farmer liked the corvette.










1 comment:

  1. Well I've missed you! Your pictures are really good. Dan and I camped out one weekend at Morrow Mountain back when we were dating. We both almost froze to death. Could not get a fire to burn! We laughed a lot about it. Vicki you look like you have lost a lot of weight. You look good standing in front of that sports car! Andee and Todd love to look at new cars. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.