Tuesday, September 24, 2013

oh well....

I can not think of  title or a whole lot to blog about. I have been in this slump this week for some reason. I can not pin point any one thing that is bothering me, but I just don't have my something. I have not being doing that great on my food and exercise since Thursday. I have eaten over my calories and I did not exercise Saturday. I know that I have been eating more fruit that is good for you but it does have higher calories than veggies. I have had candy Saturday and Sunday. I have been exercising but just to make up or cover up the over eating calories. I have walked on the treadmill 4 miles in the last 2 days. I had a mammogram yesterday and I just got a call saying I have got to come back for a recheck on my right breast. I pray that there is nothing wrong that it is just the technician was in a hurry so that she could go home. She went and got in her car to leave before I could get in my vehicle and leave. Oh well another boob mashing, coming up at 3. I am up 1.4 pounds this morning. I have got to get out of this funk. I need some positive energy.

Well I went back for my mammogram and it was for a place they found in my right breast. Here I was thinking that it was just for a retake. They really mashed me hard in awkward positions. By the time she was done I was in pain and feeling just a little scared. She told me that she was going to give the x-rays to the doctor to see if I needed a ultra sound. I sit down in the waiting room to text Frank who was was waiting for me in the car. There was two other women waiting to get their mammogram and one of them smiled and asked me was everything all right. I told her they found a place on me and I may need an ultra sound. The tears began to fall because I thought about my mom who died when she died of breast cancer at at 48. I think over the years I had convinced myself that I was going to die like my mom and dad before I am 50.  It is overwhelming and with the week I have been having the tears fell. It made me feel better when the nice woman came back out and hugged me. There are still some nice people in this crazy world. Well I had the ultra sound and the doctor came in and talked to me and said I just have a cyst, nothing to worry about. Thank you God, I really need to be healthy and live a long time for my boys.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Vicki,

    I was about to say "I know how you feel," because I cannot get my eating under control. But, as I read about the great scare that you went through after your mammogram...oh my goodness! I am so thankful it turned out to be a cyst. I don't know what is wrong with me...I start a new sheet every morning to list what I eat and by 11:00 I throw the sheet away and open the cabinet doors!! I have gained 10 pounds. Oh well, I will try again tomorrow!

    So thankful you are okay sweet Vicki! I love you so much!

    Aunt,
    Melbe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melba. You made my day. I love you and you will get you eating under control. It is a struggle if only food did not taste so good.

      Delete

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.