Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 7 It is Monday Morning for sure

Well the clock went off at 8:00 this morning so that we could get up and run to Candor to Jack's supply to get chicken house supplies before it gets to hot. I got up and took a shower and Frank shaved. While I was getting ready Frank took a shower and his phone started ringing. When it rings this early in the morning usually someone is needing something. I said "do you want me to answer it?" Which he did and sure enough it was his dad. His parents are leaving this morning going to Virginia for a short vacation. Well his dad wanted to know where Frankie was and I told him he was in the shower. He starts in by telling me that a maple tree has fallen across the drive to the cow pasture and has to be removed now because a man is on his way to put out lime on the pasture. Well Frankie had to go out and cut the tree which is covered in a hairy vine that could possibly be poison which Frankie is allergic to. So he had to go take another shower in poison wash. We finally got gone about an hours or so later. It did not take us long to get the supplies and we stopped and got a bushel of peaches! I love peaches and it reminds me of summers of staying with my granny and working at the peach stand. I love doing things that remind me of my childhood even though some would say I had a crazy and not to inviting childhood but to me it was normal!
Today in the 90 day challenge is "You Can Do It" I can really put myself in this woman shoes. I can not believe how fat I am and my measurements just from last summer. I am slowly getting bigger and bigger and I hate myself for it. I feel horrible and achy most days. Since summer vacation started I have been doing exercise and trying to eat healthier. I get to craving sweets and I have been trying to eat fruit. The bad thing is that we have been keeping oreos in the house and it is so hard to get them out of your mind until you have a pack. The first pack I shared with Clay and that satisfied me for the time, but know that they are in the cabinet drives me insane... My dad was an alcoholic and I never understood while he was alive why he could not just stop the habit. I know why now, I am a foodohlic. I am like a junkie looking for their next fix. I hat that I have let food take over me like this and I am going to beat this addiction this summer once and for all. Life is to short to live this way. My mom was overweight just like me but she did smoke and I know that this contribute to her cancer and stress that took her life way to young. She was just 4 years older than me when she died. I need to live longer than this for my boys. This is always in the back of my mind who is going to take care of them if something happens to me. Don't get me wrong I know that their dad will but he is not mom. Oh well that is enough about that. I hope that I will be able to keep this promise to myself.
 
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.


P.S. I think I will go and get this gray out of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for any comments! I love knowing who is reading my blog.